Forum

Forum

a krokus question and request

acojeman
Member #25,767

Num Posts: 199

hi folks, i've been listening to a lot of krokus lately, i listened to them in the 80s, but listening again now makes me realise just how good they were, especially those first albums with marc storace. they're last album hoodoo was very good( except a version of born to be wild, don't know why they needed to do that)and they've a new album coming out next month. anyway my question is this.... does anyone know what happened with original guitarist tommy kiefer, he committed suicide on christmas eve 1986, i know he left the band during the hardware tour and was drinking quite a bit, but does anyone have any idea why he did what he did? i thought he was a really good guitarist, quite bluesy, the original lead guitarist on nearly all of thier classic albums. and now the request, i've been looking everywhere for the sessions they did in 1980 for tommy vances bbc friday rock show, 4 songs, all i can find online are a couple of dead links. if anyone has this could you please please share it. great band, and if you're on dime there's been quite a few shows uploaded lately. cheers everyone
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

I'm pretty sure that Tom Keifer is lead singer for Cinderella.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

just realized it's a completely different guy
chapeau
Member #129

Num Posts: 31

to understand the story of the band better & to get some info about the death of tommy I strongly recommend this documentary about them http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401561/ the documentary even offers english subtitls. in case it's unavailable outside sitzerland or you can not find it on any "rent to site" you might as well pm and I try to find way to make it availabe...
acojeman
Member #25,767

thanks chapeau, i tried the site, even registered but i can see how to watch it on this site, i'll see if i can find it somewhere else. thanks man
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

man did what the man did because he was in a lot of pain obviously,long time agao . Still an excellent band tho'
acojeman
Member #25,767

thanks chapeau, i'll put it on dvd and watch it when the wife sleeps. thanks so much man
shmangus
Member #15,010

Num Posts: 65

I once read somewhere that Marc Storace was actually offered the gig in AC/DC after Bon died but he turned them down. Can anyone confirm this? Not sure if that is true or not.
acojeman
Member #25,767

yeah, i've read an interview were he said he was asked to audition, but didn't want to leave krokus
chapeau
Member #129

Num Posts: 31

in case anybody else would like to watch above mentioned krokus documentary "as long as we live", just pm me... :-)
acojeman
Member #25,767

very very good documentary, all krokus fans should watch this

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.