Forum

Forum

AC/DC Shoot To Thrill Backing Track

ACDCfan28
Member #25,971

Num Posts: 48

If anyone is good at making backing tracks this is what I need. I am going to audition for my high school's talent show and I need a Shoot To Thrill studio version backing track without Angus Young's parts. If anyone can do it please let me know I need by March 17, 2014 thank you.

imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

try to located the ac/dc rock band bootleg, its your best shot

ACDCfan28
Member #25,971

Is that the thing that NitroAngus23 did on youtube? Because I have it

imma_rocker
Member #8,405

if memory serves correct, yes

ACDCfan28
Member #25,971

oh okay because I have it, but there is still Angus Young's parts in Shoot To Thrill and I need a studio version of shoot To Thrill without Angus Young's parts

rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380

The studio backing track doesn't exist. Either make do with the live tracks or you choose another song by another band.

imma_rocker
Member #8,405

^ pretty much, honestly, you're lucky you have the rock band tracks, if it wan't for the fact that rock band allows you to play each instrument and sing, you wouldn't even have those.

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

If you can find it somewhere, Justin Sandercoe (justinguitar.com and also on YouTube) did a backing track a few years ago for the AC/DC Iron Man 2 album (he was partnered with Sony to hold a contest for a limited ed Gibson SG with AC/DC Iron Man 2's artwork painted on it) that, from my recollection, was pretty nice.

Here's a video using that track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_A1h-r47pM

That being said, if all you need is clean sounding backing track without Angus's parts, I think the RockBand rips might help there.

travishayes89
Member #8,722

http://mfi.re/listen/143i13fixqb6llw/AC-DC_Shoot_To_Thrill_LAD_backing.mp3

A little something I threw together from the RB rips.

ACDCfan28
Member #25,971

thanks alot, is it possible you can do the same with the studio version?  im just wondering

travishayes89
Member #8,722

No, unfortunately the only studio song anybody has access to anything remotely resembling the studio multi-tracks in Bon's Let There Be Rock.

I do have a center cut plugin for Foobar...I'll see what I can attempt with the Studio version.

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

@ACDCfan28, here is an original studio backing track, this may be what you are referring to as far as a studio version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh20xf-yAqg

ACDCfan28
Member #25,971

ya but it still has angus but anyways travishayes89's backing track is the best so far.

travishayes89
Member #8,722

An attempt at taking the studio version, the Center Cut plugin in Foobar, and Audacity and remixing into a backing track:

http://mfi.re/listen/ms4hifrbbn923nk/AC-DC_Shoot_To_Thrill_BIB_backing.mp3

About 85% just as good as the LAD version, but the parts where I had trouble the drum mix gets a little weird and at the end Brian's voice gets a little buried. The solos are mixed into dead center, and removing dead center is hard.

ACDCfan28
Member #25,971

thanks that's pretty awesome

ACDCfan28
Member #25,971

what program do you use to make a rock band bootlegs?

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Well first you have to have the RB mutli track rips (the way that I got a hold of them was the rips made from the game Frets On Fire, a Guitar Hero/Rock Band clone that has some tools for it that can rip a GH/RB disc) and then a program like Audacity to mix them together.

ACDCfan28
Member #25,971

can you send me them plz?

ACDCfan28
Member #25,971

thanks i got the tracks, how did you manage to remove angus young's parts from the guitar.ogg

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Given the way the live stuff is usually mixed (with very little of the guitars bleeding into the other channel, Angus right, Malcolm left) all you have to do is split the stereo track apart and delete the right one.

Here's a pretty good guide on how to do it in Audacity: http://www.wikihow.com/Divide-Tracks-in-Audacity#Divide_or_Split_a_Stereo_Track_in_Audacity

ACDCfan28
Member #25,971

ya i tried it at still had angus in it

ACDCfan28
Member #25,971

is it possible to remove crowd noise from their live tracks?

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Not really, for the Live CD the crowd noise is mixed in from mics that were specifically for that purpose, and on the Rock Band rips, it is noise that bled over to the drum/vocal mics.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.