Forum

Forum

New York, MSG - 25. Aug 2000 OR 8th May 2001

HighVoltage
Member #74

Num Posts: 164

Hi guys!

been wondering about that for quite some time - but now I got a recording stating the 2000 date...but it's the same as one of the 2 versions I have from the 2001 gig.

Now... from the 2000 gig I'm missing 4 tracks

setlist for the 2000 gig is:

1) YSMANL

2) SUL

3) SDIF

4) ? (missing)

5) HAABPTB

6) Hard as a Rock

7) ?---

8) RR ain't NP

9) Safe in NYC

10) BBB

11) Hells Bells (complete, btw!)

12) Satellite Blues

13) ?

14) DDDDC

15) BiB

16) ?

17) Rosie

18) LTBR

19) TNT

20) FTATR

now, we can speculate about that is missing...but according to the setlists, and the bootleg collection from various members, it seems like this:

however, since my Hells Bells version from the (4 missing tracks) 2000 recodring IS complete, and this 'new' so called 2000 version IS INcomplete (I have a second NY source from 2001 that has the same comments from Brian as this other NYC version from so-called 2000 - definately not the same gig as my 4 tracks missing 2000 recording), I severly doubt that the given setlist for 2000 is correct... did they really play Get It Hot that early? it seems this is the only North America 2000 setlist that does contain GIH, I always thought it was introduced to the set in Europe 2000?!

So are all NY SUL tour recordings that contain GIH actually the 2001 gig?

In other words: does anyone have the NY 2000 gig, complete, without GIH (because then I'd assume it's the 2001 recording)?!

HighVoltage
Member #74

Num Posts: 164

sorry, the link didn't work... and the friggin' Java applet doesn't work for me either! gotta type the link oldschool

http://acdc-bootlegs.com/concerthistory/?gig=1601

viper
Member #1,472

Num Posts: 176

Hello HighVoltage,

I have two versions:

The one I have labeled 2000:

Roadie says "All Right New York City, The Band You've Been Waiting For" before YSMANL.  Hells Bells is complete (the file is 6mins, 11secs long).  Doesn't include "Satellite Blues", does include "Get It Hot" but it's the same version on the one I have labeled 2001 (so someone must have stuck it into the one I have labeled 2000).  The set-list on the video listed in the concert history section  of this site (for the 2000 NYC show) includes "Satellite Blues" and not "Get It Hot".  Brian says "We salute you New York City" at the end of FTATR.

I have this one in mp3.  Recently, I downloaded this show in FLAC but it turned out it was the same show I had labeled "2001-05-08".   

The one I have labelled 2001:

Roadie says "All right New York City.  Are You Ready?  Well, here they are, AC/DC" before YSMANL.  Hells Bells is incomplete (probably tape-flip).  Brian says "We salute you New York, we salute you America" at the end of FTATR.

Some recollections: I attended one of these shows.  I can't remember which one but I do remember that "Get It Hot" was played.  If it definitely wasn't played in the 2000 show, then I attended the 2001 show (I'm going to have to locate my ticket stub).  I got to the show late, as I got stuck at work and I missed the first 2 songs (and the opening act - I believe Slash is listed as the opening act for the first show and Buckcherry is listed for the 2nd show).  I remember goiing up the escalators at MSG as "Shot Down in Flames" started.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.