Forum

Forum

AC/DC Grammy Performance (720p HD)

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

https://mega.co.nz/#!NYRFXTqJ!R_8ACOmzOvV-8k4R8HFc0ugmKLVcBaaDoLxL3UW080Q

I found a 720p HD recording of the broadcast (seems to be an international broadcast, as the file was in 25p, and has a different network logo than CBS, who broadcasts in 1080i HD) that was great, except for a glitch around the time that Dave Grohl was on screen. I took the Doctor's file and spliced in that part, so it drops in quality a bit, but only for a couple seconds. I also used the audio from the Doctor's version as it was beefier and crisper sounding.

This file plays perfectly on my Sony BD player, and in VLC. I used Handbrake's 2-pass setting (with turbo first pass turned on) and average bit rate of 3500 kbps on H.264 high profile and encoded it at 25 fps, to match the main source file. It is about 175 MB, but the quality is a good trade off and is quite comparable to many of AC/DC's official VEVO channel's HD videos.

FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Num Posts: 36

Hey Travis.  Wow, great stuff.  Thanks so much for that!  Great video and audio quality, the vision is a little bit out of synch with the audio though.  I noticed the same thing on a youtube clip of it too.

How cool to see so many people in the crowd that look like they would not even be close to being an AC/DC fan with huge smiles on their faces and dancing!  I guess that's what happens when you have the biggest legends of music playing in front of you!!  So cool to see Chris Slade behind those drums too.  I love Phil but if he can't be there, it's fantastic to see Chris' enthusiasm again!!  Oh, and the 'stick in the mud' guy other people mentioned ... he looks to me like he's just wishing he could be as famous as them, haha!!

Thanks again Travis.

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Yeah, when Chris started doing his trademark arm thing I knew that the drum sticks were in good hands. As for A/V sync, the video editor I used was kinda limited, but it's not too bad out of sync, and it takes my computer entirely too long to render HD video.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.