Sign In | Sign Up
Feb 22, 2009 - Taken by adminane   

The Forum

This forum is a place for members of the site to share stories, download links, and other information. Please keep it civil and see the rules for any questions.

give-away
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903
Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 05/27/2008

can we all just download the "give-away"offer-as we do with the "B.O.T.M.",I mean,what's the point of the draw?we all can have those stuffs from the band.what do u think?
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,753
Private Message
Email

The monthly give-away is for a dvd copy of a bootleg, which runs anywhere from 2 gb to 4.7 gb in size. The monthly BOTM's total average size is around 100 mb. Unfortunately, I can't afford that kind of bandwidth (amount of data downloaded monthly) to allow every user to download a full dvd each month. I'm already normally near my limit as it stands, so it just currently isn't possible. I do share a single video file on acdc-videos.com with reduced quality, but even at that file size I think I'd be over my monthly allotment if I tried to share a full show. That and with my current time constraints, I'm barely managing to keep up with the sites as it stands.

----------------------------------------

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131
Private Message
Email

Well, if the person who wins it wants to post it to a torrent site, I'm all for it.
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769
Private Message
Email

well for my tuppence worth "BOLLOCKS TO THAT!!" you keep doin what your doin Nate,its much appreciated bud, and as a fellow fan with 28 hrs worth o things to fit into the 24 hrs we get, i can truly empathise with the workload you juggle, your doin a grand job as my ole granfather useta say cheers bud dave
dlaskey
Member #19,126

Num Posts: 73
Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 05/28/2008

And because it can never been said too much, Thanks for all your work, BigNate! Very much appreciated
cliff
Member #9,058

Num Posts: 352
Private Message
Email

amen daclarob

"I like AC/DC and I'll fight anyone that says different" "My new schoolmates threatened to kick the shit out of me when they heard my Scottish accent. I had one week to learn to speak like them if I wanted to remain intact. Course, I didn't take any notice. No one railroads me, and it made me all the more determined to speak my own way. That's how I got my name, you know. The Bonny Scot, see?"
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,753
Private Message
Email

I'm just doing what I enjoy honestly. The websites have really brought me back to the band, so I can't complain. I just wish I had more time to put toward the sites to make them better.

dlaskey
Member #19,126

Num Posts: 73
Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 05/29/2008

Second that BigNate. I can say that especially with groups like ACDC, hunting down the live performances ties you in so much more into the music. I was just thinking about it the other day in fact... I would be much more willing to shell out money to download concerts from the artists directly, even if it was less produced and closer to the bootleg form , than waiting years and years for heavily produced albums. Not saying I don't like the produced ACDC albums, but rather than just purchasing some 20 albums/collections, I probably would have purchased 30 or more concerts in addition. I know your work has definitely brought me more into the music as well other aspects of teh band which are great
cliff
Member #9,058

Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 05/29/2008

well you've done damn fine job nate. and yea dlaskey this site has brought me more into the band and music. i'm sure this site was a 70s-90s AC/DC bootleggers wet dream. :)

"I like AC/DC and I'll fight anyone that says different" "My new schoolmates threatened to kick the shit out of me when they heard my Scottish accent. I had one week to learn to speak like them if I wanted to remain intact. Course, I didn't take any notice. No one railroads me, and it made me all the more determined to speak my own way. That's how I got my name, you know. The Bonny Scot, see?"
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131
Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 05/30/2008

Cliff, that statement describes what these two sites have done for me as well. I joined these sites way back in June of 2006. The Video of the Week then was Shot Down In Flames. Ever since then I've developed a taste for more types of music, but always come back to AC/DC liking what I hear. Too bad we don't a "livemetallica.com"-esque site where we can offiically download bootlegs. Until that day (if it ever comes) we have this site. PS: The site used to look like this: ACDC-bootlegs.com June 2006, Archive.org Wayback Machine cache and even further back like this: ACDC-bootlegs.com November 2004, Wayback Machine cache To think that the websites have gone from that to what it is now.
cliff
Member #9,058

Private Message
Email

ha wow, that is major progress, i do like the poll on that one version, maybe we could get some stuff like that now

cliff
Member #9,058

Private Message
Email

yea and Travis, i like wide variety of artists but yet i still come back to AC/DC

scooter7391
Member #16,073

Num Posts: 455
Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 07/15/2008

I like the poll on those.

Favorite AC/DC Song of the Moment: Down Payment Blues

You must be signed in to post a reply.

« Back Sign In »