Sign In | Sign Up
May 19, 2015 - Taken by zoin   

The Forum

This forum is a place for members of the site to share stories, download links, and other information. Please keep it civil and see the rules for any questions.

Media Page now live on acdc-videos.com
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,753
Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 07/12/2006

Hi all I've added a new page to acdc-videos.com that covers the way AC/DC is used in tv commercials and other forms of media. Please feel free to check it out. I've had it done for a while, but was hoping to add more to it before I pushed it live. It's starting off with 3 clips, so hopefully I can add to it sometime soon. It's located at http://acdc-videos.com/acdc-videos-media.php

----------------------------------------

acdcUSSR
Member #1,054

Num Posts: 424
Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 07/13/2006

Has anyone figured out WHY AC/DC is in the new Discovery Channel commercial? It seems to be for the Channel itself and not any one show, but it still makes no sense to randomly include AC/DC in it.

AC/DC Tradelist Guns N' Roses DVD list
flying.fudge
Member #1,347

Num Posts: 164
Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 07/14/2006

only 1 answer to the question because they rule! no competition necessary!!!

"For it is written in the book of Rock that he shall pass through the Highway to Hell and return in the Powerage with Blood and Balls and head for Sin City, where he shall smite the world with a good, hard, Kick in the Teeth"
BigNate
Member #1

Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 07/14/2006

well said fudge.

sink_the_pink
Member #7,842

Num Posts: 124
Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 07/18/2006

that's is cool as nate but the Discovery Channel one is kind of boring, well that's if you were watching it to see ac/dc but neverless it's still ac/dc!

and just my luck, but lucky for me im just another fly on the wall>>>>>>>stand up < > we salute you ac/dc fly on the wall < > rock on shake your foundations <> inject the venom sink the pink < > let us be rocked back in black
BigNate
Member #1

Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 07/18/2006

the purpose of the discovery clip being posted was not for the entertainment value. it's the fact that a clip from a 1978 ac/dc concert somehow found it's way onto a commercial. It's more about it turning up in an unlikely and unexpected place.

rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380
Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 07/19/2006

I wish I could get vhs tapes to my computer then I could tape all the ac/dc songs that were played on the Holden commercials. Although they are covers it is pretty cool to still see ac/dc on T.V.

"if i did drugs i wouldn't get addicted" Sap
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131
Private Message
Email
Date Posted: 02/19/2007

My guess is that it would have to deal with "pop culture of the 70s"

You must be signed in to post a reply.

« Back Sign In »